The Philippine government assured preparedness to implement mandatory repatriation to all overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Libya in case the violence escalates and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) declares Alert Level 4.
Labor Sec. Silvestre Bello III told Bombo Radyo, in anticipation of possible Alert Level 4, an augmentation team from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is set to fly to Libya on April 16 to assist and facilitate the repatriation of our OFWs.
According no Bello, the government will shoulder all monetary requirements including airfare of the returning OFWs especially tho documented workers.
However, government will not deny assistance to undocumented OFWs because are still Filipinos.
Earlier last week, DFA raised the Alert Level 3 and total deployment ban to Libya automatically became effective while DOLE implements voluntary repatriation.
“We at the Department of Labor, in anticipation of a possible escalation of war in Libya, this April 16, our augmentation team will be flying to Libya to assist OFWs in their repatriation in case DFA raises it Alert Level to from Alert Level 3,” Bello said in an interview of Bombo Radyo.
Meanwhile, Filipinos in need of urgent assistance, including emergency shelter, may contact the Philippine Embassy in Tripoli through this numbers +218-91-824-4208 or +218-94-454-1283 or through “Philippine Embassy in Libyaâ€ Facebook Page.