Umaasa ang Commission on Higer Education (CHED) na magiging abot kamay ng bawat kabataan ng Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) ang edukasyon sa ilalim ng kasunduang nilagdaan nila ng Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) nitong araw.
Sa ilalim ng Memorandum of Understanding ng CHED kasama ang OPAPP at opisyal ng BARMM, nagkasundo ang mga ito na tupdin ang layunin ng Executive Order No. 79 ni Pangulong Duterte.
Nakapaloob kasi dito ang implementasyon ng isa sa mga annex ng Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro.
“We are assisting the BARMM consistent with the policy of President Duterte that all young Filipinos must have access to quality education and that no qualified student is denied access to education on account of poverty,” ani CHED chairman Prospero De Vera III.
Kasamang lumagda ni De Vera sina OPAPP Sec. Carlito Galvez at BARMM Minister for Basic, Higher and Technical Education Mohager Iqbal.
Kabilang sa mga napagkasunduan ng tatlong opisyal ang:
- Determine the areas to extend technical assistance to the MBHTE in relation to BARMM HEIs and the CHED Registry;
- Capacitate MBHTE in monitoring the compliance of BARMM HEIs with the standards of quality education;
- Communicate to DSWD the importance of ensuring the inclusion of underprivileged BARMM students and the children of decommissioned MILF combatants and selected beneficiaries from the Six MILF camps in Listahanan 3.0;
- Encourage the deputized Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) HEIs in Mindanao to help children of decommissioned MILF combatants and selected beneficiaries from the Six MILF camps to complete their undergraduate study;
- Offer study grants and capacity-building programs to target beneficiaries, subject to existing laws, rules and regulations and procedures
- Offer a special scholarship/capacity development program for amnestied/decommissioned MILF combatants and dependents;
- Propose professional development programs to faculty and staff of BARMM HEIs through the available CHED and other national government funds;
- Mobilize leading HEIs to provide technical assistance to BARMM higher education needs identified by MBHTE;
- Provide MBHTE with necessary assistance in the creation of a tribal university system; and
- Assist MBHTE with the necessary technical assistance in the crafting of the Education Code.